Heather with Troy Brown

29.1.08

They only talk about this!

I am really getting sick of hearing about the Massage Therapist that was scheduled to give Heath Legdger a massage not being licensed. Ok, I get the deal about not having the skills to provide CPR and all of that. I also get the fact that she may not have the proper qualifications to massage clients in the eyes of the State of New York. However have we forgotten here that someone died.

Heath died because of something that HE did not what the Massage Therapist did not do. Who knows he might have already been dead by the time that she walked into the room.

Do I agree that Massage Therapists should be licensed? Yes. I had to do it, why shouldn't everyone else have to do it. Do I believe that other people can give as good a massage as I even though they are not licensed? Yes. There are tons and tons of people that are not licensed to give massages and they are good at what they do. Maybe that is why Heath hired this person. Also there are tons of people that are licensed and give terrible massages and leave the profession after only a short time working in the field.

There are lots of discussions going on about this issue and there always will be. My thought though is that government should keep their hands off when things are going well and let the good keep going. Don't write laws that may put the small business owner out of business. Don't require Massage Therapists to only work at places like gyms and other health facilities. This only makes them go underground and do more things illegally. Get my drift?

Get licensed in your state if required. Practice legally and do unto others as you would have done to you.

No comments: